Our Plans To Reopen
We want to give you information about the reopening, which will be on Sunday, June 7.
We are going to share some of the policies and protocols that we have adapted to make this reopening safe for all.
Our church’s position has been to open our doors and to do it safely. For this reason, we have prayed, listened to experts, adopted the guidelines of the Mass government (where we are located), and have research several models of churches who have gone through this process.
As part of the “R’s” messages we are calling the reopening “Operation REUNION.”
Before giving you the procedures and information, we want to recognize that the church is made up of people who have different needs, opinions, ways of looking at life, and experiences in the gospel. Some who are viewing this message might be thinking that we are opening too early. Others may think that we are being too careful. The truth is that both have valid points.
We have also heard opinions between these two points of views. We aim to have a healthy, intelligent, and spiritual REUNION. We know that there are people who are more vulnerable than others, such as people with chronic conditions, and the population age 60 and over.
Each person and family may use their discretion to join us again.
When you come to our church you can expect the following:
- When you come to our church you can expect the following:
- Church doors will open 15 minutes before service.
- You will enter through the main door and exit through the door next to the altar.
- Everyone will have masks or a face covering. The masks are not so much for you to protect yourself but to protect others from you, as there are people who can be carriers and show no symptoms.
- We are going to ask you two or three questions such as; Do you have a fever, Covid symptoms, or have you been exposed to a person with Covid?
- There will be 6 feet of social distance.
- There will be hand cleaning stations.
- The doors of the church, outside and inside the building, will be open so that you do not have to touch the door knobs.
- The ushers will accommodate you according to the number of people in your family.
- Habitation Kidz and REAL.M will not meet on Sundays until further notice. However, families can worship together since the services will short.
- In-person worship services will be on Sundays for one hour (one in English at 10:00 am and one in Spanish at 12:00 pm).
- Offerings will be given through the church application as we have been doing it (in case someone cannot, there will be an assigned place to give your cash or check offering). If you do not have our church application, you can download it by following the links on our website @ Habitation.church
The departure instructions will be given at the end of each service.
We thank everyone for their love for God and for each other. I know that we have not faced this situation in our generation, but we know that it is not permanent. We ask for your patience and understanding in this moment of REUNION that is key in the life of the church.